Roku devices are considered among the very first and pioneers of streaming devices. These Roku devices are in size of a small external hard drive, which connects to your computer. You can stream all your favorite video contents directly on your television. The Roku device uses the internet to stream the programs and thus there is no need for those clingy wired cable tv and dish antennas. Having said that, these streaming devices are a result of modernization and advancements in technology. We at Roku Customer Support number receives numerous queries and complaints from different users on a daily basis. One common query among the majority has been, how to play movies from a USB drive on your Roku. So, in this article, I will discuss how that can be done in a few simple steps. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully, in case you have any other issues or technical problems with your Roku device, then contact our Roku customer support number and let our experienced technicians help you get rid of the issues instantly.
Playing movies on your Roku 3 from a USB Drive:
Although there is a USB port on your Roku device, it does not work in the same way as the others USB drives. So simply hooking up your flash drive into it won’t detect it. In order to play the movies from your USB drive, you need to download a channel or interface from Roku Store in order to have an interface to control the content of your USB drive. So make sure to follow the set of instructions provided below.
- Press the Home button on your Roku Remote, this will take you to the Home Menu on your device.
- Go to the ‘Channel Store’ option from the menu and open it using your remote. You will be redirected to the Roku store.
- Select ‘Music’ from the side menu and then ‘Roku USB Media Player’ from the menu, press OK.
- Now plugin your flash drive or external hard drive into the USB port on your Roku device. Wait for a few seconds to get the work done.
- On the main menu, select, Go to Channel > ‘Music, Movies or photos’. Select a folder and then the file you want to play.
- Now you can play any of the movies or music or any media file from the USB drive by this method.
These are a few steps one needs to follow in order to play movies on your Roku 3 from the USB drive on-board. Hopefully, these steps helped you in resolving the issues you had. In case you have any difficulty in understanding these steps or methods, feel free to contact us at Roku customer support number. We are an online technical service provider with over 5 years of experience in helping those in need. Our services are renowned for its efficiency and reliability. So why waste your time looking for a technician around when you can avail the services of some of the finest engineers. We are available for 24*7 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year. We also provide complete service warranty period with each of the services you undertake. In case you face a similar issue during the said warranty period, call us back on the same number and we will fix the issue for you free of cost.,