Roku Media Player works similarly like Play Store. It is a play store that is accessible for downloading videos, photos and music through Roku Channel Store. It can be installed in advance on certain Roku streaming devices. It even allows the users to watch personal video files and even help in listening to the music files and Resolve Roku Media Player.
You could even view your photos by the help of Roku device’s USB port or by accessing a media server on the local network available. Roku Media Player may also be pre-installed on some Roku streaming devices. But question is that if you can’t be able to find music, videos, photos on Roku Media Player then what will you do. So below are the steps which can be followed by the user to easily find videos, music and photos.
How to find videos, music, photos using Roku Media Player:
- In the first step, you have to choose the media type from the Media Type Selection screen.
- Now, Choose the device that has the content you wish to play.
- the third step, Navigate through your folders to find the content you wish to play. If the desired file is an unsupported file format, then it will not be displayed.
- Finally, after finding the content, you wish to play press the OK button or Play button.
- While playing the music, videos, you can pause, skip forward and skip backwards using the Play/Pause button, Forward Scan button and Reverse Scan button on your Roku remote control.
- Stop playback, press the Back button.
Here are some tips which may help you to play music, videos smoothly ob Roku Media Player:
- To play all the videos, music in a folder as a playlist, press the Play button when the folder is highlighted.
- If you want to check the playback and browsing like speed and shuffle then this can be accessed by pressing the Star button on your Roku remote.
- Options for audio playback can be accessed through playing audio content.
- Video playback can only be changed when viewing the video details screen.
- Options for photo playback can only be accessed while a slideshow is running.
Apart from these steps, you can also check out these 2 steps to find music, photos and videos in Roku Media Player
Play content stored on a USB drive Resolve Roku Media Player :
Apart from all these, there are some Roku devices which involve USB port by which one can connect an external USB drive. It would be with the purpose of playing locally stored photo, audio along with the video files. More than one USB drive can be connected on Roku device by connecting them to a USB hub. There is even possible that hard drives may be formatted with different file systems. Roku Media Player may supports drives which have been formatted with FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3 along with HFS+ file systems.
Play the content on the local area network:
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), is a standard technology which is helpful in sharing the content between devices connected to a network. If any user wishes to play content stored on another device on Roku using DLNA, then, in that case, another device should be run DLNA server software and should on the Roku device. There are some routers and digital network which are attached to storage and has a built-in DLNA server.
Below are the following DLNA servers:
- Windows Media Player/Center
If you have any doubt then you can also call our Roku customer support toll free number any time. They will solve all the issues related to Roku Media Player.